What is WIC?
Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) is the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children. It is a nutrition and breastfeeding program for women and children up to age 5.
The WIC Program provides health foods and nutrition information to eligible individuals. Foods are provided to participants through food benefits issued on your WIC Card which are redeemed at approved grocery stores. WIC foods are intended to improve the health status of participants and to prevent certain nutritionally related medical conditions.WIC participants receive:
- Breastfeeding support and education. All of our staff are Certified Lactation Specialists
- Online WIC Resources: Breastfeeding Education & Support
- Infants may receive iron-fortified formula
- Nutrition and health information
- Nutritious foods like milk, cheese, eggs, whole grains, fruits and vegetables
- Referrals to health and social services
For more information on the program The Minnesota Department of Health’s WIC website also contains program information.
Do I qualify for WIC? WIC serves pregnant, breastfeeding, and postpartum women, infants and children up to age 5. WIC is free to those who qualify and working families are encourage to apply.
Scan the barcode here and sign up online or call our office today at 218-927-7201.