Aitkin County Administration
The county administrator is the administrative head of the county and shall be responsible for the proper administration of the affairs of the county placed in the administrator's charge. The administrator exercises general supervision over all county institutions and agencies and, with the approval of the county board, coordinates the various activities of the county and unifies the management of its affairs. Responsibilities of the county administrator shall include, but are not limited to, the following duties:
- hire and provide leadership to qualified staff to assist the administrator in the performance of duties as approved by the board;
- provide for the execution of all ordinances, resolutions and orders of the board and all laws of the state;
- provide for county purchases including purchases of service as directed by the county board and pursuant to purchasing regulations established by the board;
- prepare and submit to the county board a proposed annual budget and long-range capital expenditure;
- attend and prepare the agenda for all meetings of the county board and recommend measures for adoption as the administrator deems advisable or expedient;
The county administrator reports directly to the Aitkin County Board of Commissioners and acts as a liaison between the Board and county departments. The county administrator is appointed by the Board of Commissioners.