Aitkin County Elections Administration
Email completed and signed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Mail to address on application or email completed and sign.
See all this information, and more at MNVOTES.GOV
- Register to vote, check your registration, and more…
- Vote early by mail, in person, from military
- Track your mail or absentee ballot
- Find where you vote, voting hours, and more…
- View your sample ballot, search candidate filings, and more…
Voters must register if you are a new voter, or have changed your name and/or address. To save time at the polling place, we encourage unregistered voters to register more than 20 days before Election Day. You can register online here, or at the Auditor’s Office in the new Government Center. Please note that registration closes 20 days before Election Day, but you can still register on Election Day with proof of current residency.
Most of Aitkin County’s precincts have changed to mail balloting. This decision is determined by each individual township. The 19 remaining precincts vote at their designated polling place on Election Day.
If you are a registered voter in a mail ballot precinct, you will automatically receive your ballot in the mail around 3-4 weeks before the election. If you do not receive a ballot, make sure you are a registered voter – check your status here, or contact the Auditor’s Office.
Once you have received your ballot, you will vote and return it in one of two ways:
- In the postage prepaid envelope provided – your ballot must arrive at the Auditor's Office on or before Election Day.
- Drop off at the Auditor’s office, where a ballot drop box will be provided - your ballot must be dropped off on or before Election Day.
To request an absentee ballot; apply online or contact the Auditor’s Office for an application. Return the form to the Auditor’s Office before Election Day. (Applications cannot be accepted on Election Day). When you receive your absentee ballot, you will vote and return it in one of two ways:
- In the postage prepaid envelope provided – must be received by mail on or before election day.
- Drop off at the Auditor’s office, where a ballot drop box will be provided. Must be dropped off on or before 8:00 p.m. on Election Day.
Click here for more information on Absentee Voting.