Aitkin County Veterans Services
The Aitkin County Veterans Service Office is committed to providing professional and courteous service to veterans and dependents while striving to ensure they receive the maximum benefits and services they are entitled to. Individual right to privacy and confidentiality is always respected.
The Aitkin County Veterans Service Office provides assistance and technical support to veterans and their dependents with a diverse array of benefits and services. These include claims assistance, benefit counseling, and advocacy. The Veterans Service Office can also assist in obtaining military discharges and documents. Please contact Penny for further information or to schedule an appointment.
The Aitkin County Veterans Van offers rides to veterans to the Minneapolis VA Medical Center on even days and to the St. Cloud Medical Center on odd days. For information on fees or to schedule a ride, please call 218-927-7320 option 1.
Services and Benefits
The following are benefits and services that veterans and dependents may be entitled to through federal and state programs:
- Federal Benefits (US Department of Veterans Affairs)
- Service Connected Disability Compensation
- Non-service Connected Disability Pension
- Dependency and indemnity Compensation (DIC)
- Chemical Dependency Treatment
- Education benefits
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- VA Home Loans
- Burial benefits
- Medical Care at VA Hospitals
- Agent Orange benefits
- State Benefits (Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs)
- Temporary financial assistance (short term disability)
- Dental & optical assistance
- State veteran's homes (nursing home and domiciliary care)
- Veterans & war orphans education benefits
- Veterans preference advocacy
- State veterans' cemetery (Little Falls, MN)