Aitkin County Sheriff's Office
Aitkin County Sheriff | Dan Guida
The Aitkin County Sheriff's Office is committed to safeguarding the lives and property of the citizens and visitors to all 1,828 square miles of Aitkin County. The office provides this through the following services:
- 9-1-1 Public Safety Answering Point, dispatch and communications for all emergency services.
- A patrol division and criminal investigation unit for law enforcement.
- A boat and water unit to patrol more than 300 lakes and rivers in Aitkin County.
- A canine unit for contraband enforcement.
- A civil process and criminal warrants unit.
- A courtroom security unit.
- Associations with regional drug and gang task forces.
- Detention facility for housing persons in custody pending trial and after conviction and sentencing.
- Planning for large-scale disasters in the county.
Protect and serve with dignity and respect.
POST Mandated Policies
- Asset Forfeiture
- Bias-based Policing
- Criminal Conduct On School Buses
- Deputy Response To Calls
- Domestic Abuse
- Eyewitness Identification
- First Amendment Assemblies
- Missing Persons
- Personnel Complaints
- Registered Predatory Offender
- Sexual Assault Investigations
- Use Of Force
- Vehicle Pursuits
Sheriff's Office Hours
Communications Center and Jail open 24 hours a day
Administration 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday