FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Aitkin County Government Offices will be open to the public starting
June 1, 2020.
Visitors are still encouraged to conduct business by phone or online where possible.
County Contact Info (PDF)
Aitkin County Tax-Forfeited Land Auction - October 2, 2020
Coming to Aitkin County Mailboxes Soon: 2020 Bridge to Health Survey
The Aitkin License Center will open for APPOINTMENTS ONLY beginning June 1st. A Drop Box for tab renewals is located at the Government Center. Please call 218-927-7057 on or after June 1st to make your appointment.
What's Happening in Aitkin County!
We Have Moved! The following offices are located in the new Government Center:
- 1st Floor: Veterans Services, Auditor, Assessor, Recorder, Treasurer, License Center
- 2nd Floor: Environmental Services, Soil Water Conservation District, Survey/GIS
The Government Center Entrance is located next to the main parking lot on the West side of the building.
Aitkin County Government Offices
- Help Line: 218-927-7276
- Court Administration: 218-927-7350
- Health & Human Services: 218-927-7200 or 800-328-3744
- Highway Department: 218-927-3741
- Planning and Zoning 218-927-7342
- Sheriff's Department: 218-927-7435 or 888-900-2138 or
in case of Emergency: 911
Check 'Directory' above for contact information for most individual County Departments: phone numbers,
email and/or addresses.
News & Notices
The yard waste composting site located near the Oak Ridge Landfill 5 miles south of Aitkin is temporarily closed. Notice will be given once the site is re-opened.
© 2020 Aitkin County. All Rights Reserved.