Any emergency that affects the health of the public is at least in part a Public Health Emergency.
In a Public Health Emergency, Aitkin County Public Health will:
- Follow the directives of the Minnesota Department of Health and the Centers of Disease Control & Prevention in declared emergency.
- Offer information and resources on staying well during emergencies.
- Provide assistance to the public after or during an emergency by providing:
- Space to gather and get information.
- A system to connect family members and to connect them to services.
- Assist with providing shelter after a natural disaster, providing assistance to persons in quarantine, and providing mass immunization clinics.
You can help by being prepared for emergencies.
Find out more about a local emergency as it unfolds by visiting the Aitkin County Sheriff’s & Aitkin County Public Health Education’s Facebook pages.