Families & Children
Family Home Visiting:
All families in Aitkin County are eligible for a Public Health Nurse:
A Public Health Nurse will visit you to weigh your baby, assess your baby from head to toe and provide information on:
- Postpartum emotions, health and nutrition
- Infant Feeding (our nursed are certified lactation specialists!)
- Infant sleep, cues, crying and soothing
- Car Seat Safety
- Infant growth and development
- Resources available in the county
- Receive a free Welcoming Gift Caddy
Car Seat Program:
- Free car seat education and consultation to all families in Aitkin County.
- BlueCross BlueShield infants and children through age 8 may qualify for a free car seat.
- Ucare infants and children through age 8 may qualify for a free car seat.
Follow Along Program — Learn more about your child's development!
- Every few months, you will get a form asking how your child is playing, talking, growing, moving and acting.
- Fill out the form and send it back to us.
- You will get the results with fun activities for you and your child to do together.
- You will get a board bookfor you and your child to read together
- If there are any concerns, we'll get in touch with you and work together on next steps.
Sign up online today! It's FREE! www.health.state.mn.us/mnfap