Disaster Quick Tips and other Information:
Your county public health would like to remind you to
BE SAFE when
preparing for or responding to flooding:
- Take care of yourself. Eat well and drink plenty of water. Do
not overtax your body or lift weights beyond your ability. Ask for
assistance when needed.
- Use gasoline powered pump outside to prevent carbon
- Prepare your fuel tank. Ensure it is water tight or have the
distributor remove the fuel if you believe you will need to
evacuate. Anchor the fuel tank.
- Use caution when travelling on water covered roads. They may be
washed out. Ensure no electric lines have fallen in pooled water. DO
NOT remove or go around road barriers. Follow detours.
- If evacuating from your home, turn off your water, gas, and
electricity and disconnect your well from the power source.
- Last but not least, always practice hand and food hygiene during
clean-up. Wash hands and containers with warm soapy water. Throw out any
Flood Safety and Survival Information: