Aitkin County Sheriff's Office
Protect and serve with dignity and respect.
Aitkin County Sheriff
The Aitkin County Sheriff's Office is committed to safeguarding the lives and property of the citizens and visitors to all 1,828 square miles of Aitkin County. The office provides this through the following services:
- 9-1-1 Public Safety Answering Point, dispatch and communications for all emergency services.
- A patrol division and criminal investigation unit for law enforcement.
- A boat and water unit to patrol more than 300 lakes and rivers in Aitkin County.
- A canine unit for contraband enforcement.
- A civil process and criminal warrants unit.
- A courtroom security unit.
- ssociations with regional drug and gang task forces.
- detention facility for housing persons in custody pending trial and after conviction and sentencing.
- Planning for large-scale disasters in the county.
Rapid Emergency Notification System - Register Now
Sheriff's Office Hours
Communications Center and Jail open 24 hours a day
Administration 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday
217 2nd St. NW, Room 185
Aitkin, MN 56431
Toll free: 888-900-2138
Dispatch and Jail Fax: 218-927-6887
Sheriff Fax: 218-927-7359
©2015 Aitkin County. All Rights Reserved.