Tobacco Sales License
If you currently hold a Tobacco license for your establishment, you will be mailed a renewal application. If you do not receive a renewal application by 8 weeks before your current license is due to expire, contact the Aitkin County Auditor’s Office at 219-927-7354. (If you are not sure when your license expires, contact the Auditor's office.)
If you are newly applying for a Tobacco License for your establishment, complete and submit an application to the Aitkin County Auditor’s office with the required fee.
Upon receipt of all documents, the Auditor’s Office will submit the application to the County Board of Commissioners for approval. Please allow ample time (2 months or more).
SALES OF CIGARETTES AND TOBACCO PRODUCTS IN MINNESOTA
- Please read this brochure. Important information from Minnesota Revenue.
TOBACCO LICENSE APPLICATION (Minnesota State)
Application for License to sell Tobacco Products:
- All delinquent real estate taxes must be paid in full before a license will be issued.
- All forms must be processed and a license issued prior to selling tobacco products.
- Application, if sole proprietor, partnership, or corporation, it should be that person or company name or doing business as (dba).
- Business Address: Address location of business, if mail is received at another location or PO Box, indicate this also.
- Signature of applicant. This should be owner’s signature or president’s signature if a partnership or corporation.
- Obtain signatures of the Count Sheriff and County Attorney. We will assist you with this if either is unavailable.
- Payment of license fee (obtain amount from Auditor's Office)
- Complete all lines required. List Applicant’s name and business name as on application.
- If you have coverage, complete all information that is requested. Signature and date.
Return to Auditor's Home Page
©2017 Aitkin County. All Rights Reserved.