University of Minnesota Aitkin County
Making a difference by connecting community needs and University resources to
address critical issues in Minnesota.
The University of Minnesota Extension is committed to delivering high-quality, relevant educational programs and information to Minnesota citizens and communities. Our statewide network of researchers, educators, and volunteers addresses critical needs by focusing on issues where research-based education can make a difference.
The University of Minnesota Extension :
- Addresses critical issues through research and education
- Works in urban, suburban, and rural Minnesota communities
- Builds the capacity of individuals and communities to address critical issues
- Works in partnership with private organizations and local, state, and national governments
- Creates and responds to opportunities for learning
- Fosters the strength that comes from diversity
- Leverages private and public resources
Extension's statewide network focuses on:
- Community development and vitality
- Land, food, and environment
- Youth development and family living
The Extension Staff works with communities to develop partnerships of citizens and resource people in a variety of work groups to identify needs and develop programs to meet those needs. The involvement of local citizens in the identification and planning process insures program relevancy and support. Information provided is presented by regional educators, University of Minnesota Specialists, or community resource people with expertise in specific areas.
How to Contact Us:
Beth Haasken, 4-H Program Coordinator
217 2nd St NW Room 134
Aitkin, MN 56431
Fax: 218-927-7374 (Attn: Beth or 4-H)
University of Minnesota Extension Ask A Master Gardener
Extension in Aitkin County Page
University of Minnesota Food Preservation Page
University of Minnesota Extension Home Page
©2017 Aitkin County. All Rights Reserved.